Saturday 17 January 2015

Here We Go....


Hello everyone out there!

Just over two months ago I created my first blog http://thehathippie.blogspot.co.uk/ about my life as a teenager with a physical disability and suffering chronic pain. It has been in mind for a while to create a second blog about one of my passions which happens to be music. So here I am writing my first post on my second blog and I do hope you'll join me for the ride!
During the past couple of years I would say that my taste in music has expanded and I find myself dipping in and out of different genres. I particularly like music from decades such as the 70s and 80s, I think some of the best music was made back then. There has been the odd song in the charts over the past couple of years that I really like but overall I like old music. Some of my favourite artists included The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Fleetwood Mac, Prince, Alice Cooper Orianthi Panagaris and Queen; to name but a few.
I absolutely love going to concerts and have been extremely fortunate to have seen some of the biggest bands in the music industry live. At thirteen years old I went to my first major concert which happened to be Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, we travelled from home here in Scotland all the way to Manchester in the torrential rain (it was definitely worth the long drive in such terrible weather!). Since then I have been lucky enough to have seen artists such as The Who, Fleetwood Mac, Prince and many more.
I am extremely fanatical about supporting music stores as unfortunately the past few years have seen closures of hundreds of music stores. There was a moment a couple years ago that the only music store in town was under threat of being closed. Fortunately, it pulled through and it happened to be one of the few stores in the large franchise it once was that remained open.
Although I own an iPod I must admit I'm not particularly a big fan of digital downloads, there are of course people out there who love it and I completely respect that. However, if I want a particular album I choose not download it but instead purchase a copy from a music store. I feel that it helps support the music industry and of course contributes to keeping music stores open. Another reason that I personally like to purchase a physical copy of  an album is for the booklets that come with the CD. I enjoy flicking through the pages, looking at the pictures and reading the lyrics.
In coming months I plan to write posts for this blog with accounts of concert experiences, album reviews, I may even write about some of the musicals I've seen from time to time and of course I'm sure other subject ideas will pop up as time goes on.
On that note this is probably a good time to bring this first post to an end. I hope that those of you who stumble across this blog enjoy it and may even pop back again soon to read my latest post.

Many thanks for taking the time to read my blog, it really is appreciated!

Best Wishes,
Robyn

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robyn,

    You inspire me in every way! I'm happy I came across your blog. My blog is called Organized Lunacy and the link is curiousandaudacious.blogspot.com. I would like to invite you to be a guest blogger at my blog if you like. If you are interested, you can contact me on using the contact form on my blog. Thanks! If not, it's okay. I still think you are awesome and an inspiration to everyone.

    Best regards,
    Luna
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Luna!

      Thank-you so much for your lovely comment! I have just sent you an email about the guest blogging opportunity- thank-you so much for asking me!

      Best Wishes,

      Robyn x

      Delete